Social media has emerged as the best way to reach the millennial audience. Millennials are the people born between 1981-1996. They are also called digital natives as they are familiar with mobile devices, the internet, and social media. From networking to shopping, talking to sharing, it has evolved to be the new marketing strategy for many brands. People scroll down their Instagram and Facebook posts as soon as they wake up.
Impact of Social Media
The lives of people throughout the globe revolve around social media. With the help of social networking, people offer products and services and inspire customers to purchase them. It serves as a reliable marketing and sales channel thereby, helping brands to connect with their forthcoming customers. Targeting the millennial audience is important because they are tech-savvy and conscious consumers which makes it a better platform for the brands to promote themselves and reach a diverse audience.
How brands use social media for marketing?
- The prime focus of the brands should be on what the millennials are interested in. More than half of the millennials are dedicated to purchasing from a brand that supports a cause. Warby Parker, a fashionable eyewear brand donates one pair if you purchase a pair of glasses from them. This gives millennials a reason to buy.
- Also, you need to be active on social media to respond to the queries and messages of the millennial otherwise they may lose interest in your brand which can put the reputation of your brand at stake.
- Amazon Prime, Hotstar, and Netflix use nice creativity to engage their followers to promote new series. Famous series like ‘Money heist’, ‘Vikings’, etc couldn’t have become a hit on their own. So, promotion with creativity is necessary. Influencers also give hype to social media marketing as they come with their separate fanbase.
- The use of good video content can also help in expanding the reach of a particular brand. It allows you to be concise and grab viewers’ attention in just a few seconds.
- The brands can also use social media to interact with the customers through polling on Instagram and Youtube as well. Millenials research online, listen to honest youtube and google reviews before buying an article. They spend their money wisely which makes it difficult for the marketers to fool them and not everyone is rich. Many of them are under student loans and underemployed.
Millennials are hardly loyal to a certain brand. They change their preferences as per their financial situation. A millennial getting an increased salary package would want to buy stuff from a bigger brand.
Escaping social media is now no more a choice. Without social media, the brands will not be able to increase their sales and partnerships. It acts as a gateway to the digital world that helps you connect with your customers.